My Visit to SpaceX Launch Pad Facility at Brownsville, TX/Boca Chica

 My Visit

Hi everyone, today I am sharing my exciting experience of visiting SpaceX Launch Pad Facility at Brownsville, TX/Boca Chica. Let's talk through it! 




Many weeks ago, me , my family and friends we on a trip to South Padre Island, but with my passion and curosity I wanted to visit this place, and wish was fullfilled. I felt happy, and I noticed that it was most special rocket in front of me. The rocket  was the special Starship. I felt so amazed,  because this rocket is very special, and it is the first rocket I saw physically.  On June 13th, 2022 there was a flight test to see, but sadly I wasn't there at the time it was about to launch to test, but it's ok. Now, let's learn about this special rocket.




About Starship 

This space vehicle is completely reusable and can hold up to 100 people per launch. It has 35,000 cubic feet of the volume of the payload in this rocket. Amazingly, it can carry more than 100 tons of cargo.  The fuel of this rocket is so special, it has a mix-up of supercooled liquid methane and oxygen which is called methalox.  

When this rocket is fully assembled and fueled it weighs 11 million pounds ( 5,000 tons ).  This rocket is made up of stainless steel, but why is it made up of it. Well, obviously it is much cheaper because stainless steel costs $3 per pound, but carbon fiber costs $15 per pound and it is much stronger. This rocket is the tallest ever built.


SpaceX
SpaceX is a private aerospace/spaceflight company, with the ambition of lowering the cost for space transportation, to also evolutionize the aerospace industry, and colonizing "The Red Planet". The company's headquarters is located in Hawthorne, California. Starship is one of the amazing projects for SpaceX which is for the Artemis missions and also prepares for humanity's giant leap, to colonize Mars. SpaceX is trying to help through innovations of reusable spacecraft, and you can help the world, too.  


 Thank you
-Akshaya Dhathri Bandari 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Space Shuttle 🚀: The World's First Reusable Spacecraft Missions

Aquarius: NASA's First Ocean Salinity Observations

Space News: NASA Finds Details about Strange Space Signals